Friday, April 17, 2009

Love


I don't think I ever realized how much I would really love my daughter.
I feel it physically.
I feel a tightening, pumping in my chest and tears welling up in my eyes when I see her.
It is almost painful, and yet the most wonderful feeling there is.
She is a little piece of heaven, a piece of me, and a piece of the man I love the most, and here she is smiling at me, reaching her hands out towards me, and even crying at me.
When she smiles every care disappears.
When I hold her close I feel warm and complete.
When she cries, I want to cry, and sometimes I do.
Each day she grows more beautiful and more wonderful and more amazing.
My baby is my miracle.
To think that I took part in creating her still leaves me speechless.
I love her fiercely!
My world revolves around her, every new skill she learns is a celebration...
Reaching for toys, rolling over, squealing in delight and her first real giggle.
I don't believe there is any source of happiness more lovely and complete than this.

4 comments:

Elyse said...

I know the feeling :)

Stacey said...

And the love seriously grows every day. It's something you just can't describe to people who don't have kids because they just don't understand it until they experience it.

Trimbles said...

I LOVE the shades. And I LOVE her hair!!! Congrats on being an Aunt. ANy word on names for Joeys baby?

The Critchfields said...

Trimbles- Her name is Ella June :)