Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sad Little Booger Face

Poor little Mina has her very first cold. It is really sad, but I have to say that going 7 1/2 months without being sick is pretty good. Friday morning she had a runny nose, which has been linked to teething, so I wasn't sure. We had a family reunion with my mom's side of the family on Friday evening, and then we were headed up to Bear Lake to join Ryan's family as his sister and her husband and little girl are in town. The family reunion went o.k., but then as we were driving up to Bear Lake Mina had a melt down. Poor thing has never cried as hard or as long. It was awful! She was a wreck, I was a wreck and Ryan was a wreck. She couldn't breath while eating because her nose was so stuffed up. It took us over an hour to get out of Evanston where we stopped to help her. When we finaly got to the cabin, she was still unhappy and we were not able to get her to go to bed until 2:40 a.m.- ugh. She didn't sleep very well either, but the next morning when I went in to get her she had dried snot all over her poor little face. Even when she is sick, she is a cute little booger face. Luckily she is doing a little better, but I have officially decided that having a sick baby is really rotten.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Poor little thing! We've found raising the mattress crib, using a humidifier and keeping the nose suctioned helps tremendously. Good luck and I hope it doesn't last too long!

jularun7 said...

poor sad little booger face. i'm sorry she isn't feeling well. FEEL BETTER MINA!

Briann said...

That stinks! Im so lucky Leah has not been sick yet! She had a mild fever one day and a little runny nose but she was still the happy girl we love! Im sure Mina is still cute even with a boogy face!

Stacey said...

There is one good thing about having a sick baby. They aren't nearly as active and love to cuddle. Sorry about her being sick though.