I am suffering from a bad case of writers block for my blog. I just don't have much to say- but here is the fantastic news... Ryan is now done with everything...EVERYTHING! Two tests taken and passed- and now we are just waiting for the diploma. He's done. It's weird, and hasn't really even set in yet. I still expect him to start doing homework or studying when he comes home from work.
The really bad news is that my sister has cancer, it is a very curable kind- but it is still really scary, and sad and stressful. She is probably in surgery or recovery as I am writing this. I love my sister, I love all my sisters- they are my best friends. This particular sister I have really developed a close relationship with over the past couple of years, and it is so hard to see her going through this. Of course, it is harder for her.
Mina has really been sweet lately, although he has developed some pretty extreme stranger anxiety. Convenient for her really, since this started right at 18 months, when she should have started going to nursery. So far we haven't been able to leave for more then 30 seconds. I know it is a phase, and it will get better. In some ways it is kinda nice. She actually wants to cuddle, which is generally a rarity for her. She is also learning to talk so much, starting to string a couple of words together and really communicate well- it is awesome to see her grow up!
There you have it. No fun pictures, nothing terribly interesting to discuss- but that is what is going on.
5 comments:
So Christopher immediatly asked me what kind of cancer? Hope she is doing well and surgery went ok.
Thyroid cancer- papillary I think is what she said. Her surgery went well, and she is recovering- still has to deal with radiated iodine treatment- but she is doing well.
That is tough. Tell her get well from me!
That's aweful! Atleast it was caught early. Which sister? My coworkers sister was just diagnosed with uterine cancer at 29. Early for her too, but she'll never be able to have kids of her own. Tell your sis get well from me.
Miss you guys. I love watching Mina grow with pictures so just post her if you have nothing to say. Congrats to Ryan on graduating! Is he actually walking in a ceremony or just getting it in the mail?
It is my sister Natalie. We miss you too Jaime! They only do graduation ceremonies once a year- so he is just getting it in the mail.
Post a Comment