Friday, October 22, 2010

How do dat?

Oma and Opa just got back from a long trip, and they brought a present back for Mina.  A little red toy car.  The reason for this gift is that it is a model of Oma's car, and Mina LOVES Oma's car.  She always wants to take the red car.  When we left Oma and Opa's house last night we asked Mina to say "I love you" to Opa.  She responded by saying "I love the car."  She was so excited about this gift that she was very angry with us when we took it away last night at bed time.  When I walked in her room this morning the first words out of her mouth were "Green Car, hold it!" (she gets a little color confused sometimes).  Well as she was playing with it this morning I heard the wheels make a familiar sound and I realized that it has a little wind up motor, you know the kind you pull back on, let go and it will roll forward.  I got excited to show Mina, so I grabbed it to show her.  After it rolled across the kitchen floor she got a little smirk on her face, then turned to me and said "How do dat?"  Ryan and I laughed heartily.  I'm pretty sure that is the first time she has ever said that.
I think she puts her tutu on almost every morning now. 

1 comment:

Melina said...

Karen, so cute! Love that little girl.