We had a pretty crazy holiday season. My sister Kristen and her family drove in from Louisiana (we hadn't seem them in 2 years), and both of Ryans siblings and thier families also came into town. We spent most of our timing bouncing back and forth between Ryans parents and my parents to see all of our family. Christmas Eve we spent the night at Ryans parents house.

Here is Mina making one of her favorite new faces while we were listening to the Christmas story.
Opa used a nativity set to act out the story for all the kids- and Mina was very interested. She later grabbed baby Jesus and started trying to stick him up her nose.
Christmas morning was a zoo, but fun. We had 17 people in the house all opening presents together. Mina was not in a very good mood, and it took a fair amount of effort to get her interested in her gifts.
She seemed really happy about the bed for her baby, and a sleep sack for her baby. She has been playing with it ever since.
Oma and Opa got Mina a rocking horse!!
Ryan and I had a great Christmas. Ryan was sneaky, as he often is, and cheated on the budget. He got me a food processor!! I'm very excited to use it.
Then it was time for Mina's birthday! Her birthday is New Years Eve so we had a party for her with Ryan's family the day before. She had a cold, and wasn't feeling great- but she did better with opening the presents then she did on Christmas.
4 of her favorites things- stars, berries, chocolate and Opa.
I brought balloons into Mina's room on her birthday and sang to her- she thought that was pretty neat.
Now I have to figure out how to fit all her new stuff into our apartment, we are tripping over toys.
We love this little munchkin though- she is a sweet heart and I can't wait for the years to come.
It was really nice to see my sister Kristen again- I love my sisters! They just left this morning and I am going to miss em'. Unfortunately, everyone on my side of the family got sick over the holidays, my parents, siblings and Mina and I. It really stunk, and kinda put a damper on our family celebrations. But we trudged through and got to spend some quality time together. I wish all my family could live close by.
Now back to normal life.







1 comment:
Happy Birthday Mina!!
Post a Comment