35-Take Ryan to Crater Lake.
38-Visit an Eastern State.
Being that I accidentally had one too many goals on my list any ways (91 ended up being typed twice) I really only need to come up with one new goal, and that is:
-Successfully make my own Whole Wheat Sourdough bread.
I'm excited about this one, I'm going to make my own "sour" and everything. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck.
In other news, Jonny has succeeded in an army crawl!
It has been a lot of fun to watch this develop. He has wanted to be able to move around for a long time, and his efforts started with this:
Which he still does a lot, so I know a real crawl is going to come soon. He can move pretty good with his army crawl though, I watched him move about 6 feet this afternoon to get to a balloon.
His smiles and his laugh are the best in the world.
He is a delight most of the time, except when it comes to sleeping. He fights it! Usually he will nurse before bed, fall asleep and take a nap, but if he wakes up when I put him down he will just wail until he falls asleep, and no rocking, singing or soothing does the slightest good. I think he is going to be a tantrum thrower when he gets older. Also, he likes to wake up really early in the morning crying. I know he is still tired, but he won't go back to sleep, and it messes up his whole day. Ugh. Otherwise he is the sweetest little baby in the whole world. So I guess you take what you can get.
He has also started eating cheerios, pinching them in his little fingers and aiming for his mouth, mostly missing, but occasionally sweet success! Mina has also rediscovered cheerios, and she wants some every time he is eating them.
I tried to get them both looking cute in the same pic, but what can you do?
They like eating their cheerios together. Mina has even taken to picking up the ones he drops for him. She is a sweet heart. The more I spend time with other peoples kids, the more I appreciate my own. She is really well behaved, mellow, and polite. I love my little girl.
For some reason, every picture I have of her this month is at the table. I need to pull my camera out more. I have some good cell phone pics, so I should upload some of those soon.
My goals are coming along. I have been working on a few, but only have one to report on which is:
1- Make a Ribbon Sponge Cake (a successful one)
and here it is.
The Ribbon sponge is just the outside part, and I did a Strawberry Bavarian Cream in the middle for a filling. The cake wasn't quite as hard as I had anticipated, but it did take a lot of time, and completely wrecked my kitchen. My ultimate review is that while it is pretty cool to look at, I'm not sure it is worth it in the long run. Taste is the true test in any food, and it was good, but not great. I would consider doing it again for a special occasion, but it won't be a frequent thing. It is always fun to try new things, and I want to try a rainbow variety, or maybe checkerboard someday.
The end.





3 comments:
You're awesome. Love ya. The end.
Well done! Holy cow, that cake is impressive!!
You are AMAZING!!
Post a Comment