Mina got her very first haircut a couple of weeks ago...yes her very first. Long overdue? Maybe, but we finally got it cut, and she did really well. She was really nervous at first, and was fighting us putting on the cover. She has only seen me cut Ryan's hair with a buzzer, so I can't blame her for being a little apprehensive. But once it started she cheered up and had fun I think. She likes her new hair, especially the bangs, because her hair doesn't get in her face as much. :)

I think this is where she first looked in the mirror and realized that she looked cute!
Big cheesy grin for the camera.
I actually got a haircut too, but I haven't taken any good pics. I am in my robe right now, so you will just have to wait.
I actually got a haircut too, but I haven't taken any good pics. I am in my robe right now, so you will just have to wait.
We had a great Easter. I think my little darlings were the cutest by far. I was proud of my little girl. Whenever we would ask her why we celebrate Easter she would say "Because Jesus was resurrected, and he died for us so we can go to heaven."
We had a fun Egg Hunt at my parents with tons of great prizes. I got a new advent calendar for Christmas that I am really excited about. Mina, as always, had a lot of fun playing with her cousins.
Jonny is getting even better at his army crawl. He can get all around, and quickly too. He has started doing a little real crawling too, and it is so much fun to watch him try. He discovered Mina's tunnel the other day, and went right through!
I try to take Mina to the park as often as I can. Now that Jonny is getting older it is a little easier, and they like to swing together.
I have completed a few goals too!
#87- Re-read all of the Harry Potter books.
I just finished reading the last book. I sure do love those stories. JK Rowling has a great imaginative mind. It's too bad the movies couldn't be more true to the books. I like the movies, all except the last one. They really messed with the ending. I didn't approve. :(
But the books are great, and inspiring in a way. I love to read.
But the books are great, and inspiring in a way. I love to read.
#70- Learn to knit.
Thanks to You Tube I was able to figure it out, and I officially know how to knit.
My first try was the blue one, it turned out ok, I gave it to Mina to play with- you'd think it was the best toy ever the way she plays with it. Now I am working on the pink think- it will probably only take me about 10 years to make a scarf for Mina right? I know the basic stitch now though, and I am happy I learned. I just need to get faster.
29- Make Baklava
Baklava has always been one of Ryan's favorite desserts. He always orders it at restaurants when they have it, and I have wanted to make it for a while. I was nervous to try it because it is a little different, and ethnic desserts can be hard to get right. I found an Alton Brown recipe and he made it seem pretty simple so I figured I would give it a try. Ryan and I made it together last night for our "Date Night In" that we have been trying to do weekly.
It was fun, and it turned out pretty good.
This post has been in production for almost two weeks now, and since I started it Jonny has started crawling for real!
He still flops onto his belly quite a bit, but he is getting better everyday. He has taken to crawling up to me and headbutting me repetitively while crying until I pick him up. Gotta love it when they are mobile! He is also pulling himself up onto his knees, so I know that pretty soon he is gonna start with stairs. (time to get a gate)
My first try was the blue one, it turned out ok, I gave it to Mina to play with- you'd think it was the best toy ever the way she plays with it. Now I am working on the pink think- it will probably only take me about 10 years to make a scarf for Mina right? I know the basic stitch now though, and I am happy I learned. I just need to get faster.
29- Make Baklava
Baklava has always been one of Ryan's favorite desserts. He always orders it at restaurants when they have it, and I have wanted to make it for a while. I was nervous to try it because it is a little different, and ethnic desserts can be hard to get right. I found an Alton Brown recipe and he made it seem pretty simple so I figured I would give it a try. Ryan and I made it together last night for our "Date Night In" that we have been trying to do weekly.
It was fun, and it turned out pretty good.
This post has been in production for almost two weeks now, and since I started it Jonny has started crawling for real!
He still flops onto his belly quite a bit, but he is getting better everyday. He has taken to crawling up to me and headbutting me repetitively while crying until I pick him up. Gotta love it when they are mobile! He is also pulling himself up onto his knees, so I know that pretty soon he is gonna start with stairs. (time to get a gate)










1 comment:
Well done! Karen, I'm so impressed with your goals. What a wonderful, healthy, happy thing to do.
Post a Comment