Thursday, November 29, 2007

Beautiful Winter


I am very happy that it is winter. Our apartment isn't hot anymore and I always sleep better in the wintertime- I'm not sure why. I just wish I got to spend more time outside, sledding and just enjoying the beauty. The picture is of Crater Lake in Oregon. I have always wanted to see it in the winter because the pictures are so beautiful, although it is also absolutely gorgeous in the summer - that was one of the best trips ever!

Although I really don't know if anybody is going to be reading this, I figured I would actually put some writing in here. So far there are only pictures as I was trying to figure out how to do this blog thing. It is fun, and slightly addicting I must say, so we will see how it goes. Ryan and I are doing well, he fairly recently starting taking classes at the University of Phoenix, they only last 5-6 weeks each and he just finished his second class with flying colors. The U just wasn't working out for him, and so I am really happy that this school so far seems to be a better fit. The class sizes are smaller and the class is short, so he can put all his energy into one subject for a short period of time. It is a lot of homework, but he has been pretty good at keeping up with it, and there have only been a few very late nights. Work for me is going fine. It has been frustrating as we are currently moving over to a new system that wasn't formatted very well. Tears have been shed, and a few sleepless nights, but all in all I can't complain too much because I have a job that isn't too bad in the long run.

I got my hair cut about a month ago- and it is the shortest it has been since I was about 13, and I have bangs. Its nuts! it took some getting used to, but I think I like it now. I really didn't like the person who did it (long story) and when they first styled it I was really upset, but I have found a way to make it my own (and for those of you who know me you know it has to be me) and I am used to it now. As soon as I get a picture of myself I will post it here so you can see it :) So there is my update - peace out!

2 comments:

jularun7 said...

pics of the bangs, please!

The Critchfields said...

Hey Julia- see the norwegian sweater picture- that is what I have for now- I will get a better one on later too :)