Monday, June 9, 2008

12 days and counting


So in only 12 days Ryan and I are headed to San Francisco!! But even more exciting for me is Muir Woods- the Redwoods are definately on my top 10 list of places I love. I think they are one of the most peaceful and beautiful places in the world. I'm so excited to visit them again. We are also hoping to drive down to Monterey and spend a day there. It is going to be a great trip! If anybody has any suggestions of things we must do while in San Francisco- let me know.

On Saturday we got a call from our friends Angie and Derik, who live in Texas, saying that they were in town and they wanted to see us :) So Saturday night we went and hung out with them. It was so nice to see Angie again- I miss her dearly- and seeing her again only reminds me of how much I miss her. Angie is responsible for Ryan and I- so I really owe her for that, and she was a great friend through my senior year (which was a little rocky) and college and beyond. Somehow I need to convince them to move back to utah (yeah right). So here's to old friends/best friends. I might have some pictures from our escapades on saturday to share later on.

3 comments:

jularun7 said...

ah, san francisco. how i miss you. have a great time you guys! as for suggestions - here are mine:

muir woods - go early. the parking is limited and it gets crazy to where you might not be able to get in. do the long hike loop and be aware of bees.

monterey - go further south if you can, to carmel. the beaches are stunning there. the 17 mile drive is always a favorite and the aquarium in monterey is fabulous!

you could also hit santa cruz and go to the boardwalk and build a campfire at the beach at night at twin lakes beach. :)

HAVE FUN! call me if you need any suggestions while you're there. i am so jealous!

The Critchfields said...

Thanks Julia- those are great ideas- I like the camp fire idea.

Briann said...

I hope you have alot of fun! We will miss you at work though! If you have time you should go to the Winchester Mansion in San Jose, it was my favorite thing to do!