I went on a hike with my Papa today, and proved two things. First, I am not as strong of a hiker as I used to be. Second, Mina can stay happy for a long time in her hiking carrier (2 hours +). I really loved the hike though, and want to do it again soon, hopefully with less panting and dizziness, hehe.
Then I got home and tried to figure out what to make for dinner. I knew I wanted two things, arugula and avocado, beyond that I had to figure it out. Then it hit me, french bread pizza. It was inspiration...tomato sauce with fresh chopped garlic, onion powder, basil, thyme, marjoram, oregano, and last but certainly not least fennel (ooooh yeaahh). Then of course mozzarella, pepperoni and topped off with Asiago cheese. I must say dinner was fabulous- we had arugula and avocado salad with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette (I think arugula and avocado are my two favorite foods). Then the pizza was divine...you know when food transcends just nourishment...or even just tasting great, and feeds your soul? And yes, even pizza (when it's the right kind) can do that for you. Food can be absolutely amazing.
So that was my day, and it was a good one. I must say I am quite happy this evening.
In other news Mina is as cute as ever, pulling up on everything and discovering every inch of our apartment, and kindly showing us where our baby proofing is lacking. Ryan is, as always, busy with work and school but doing well and working hard, so I am very proud of him, and even more head over heels in love with him then the day we were married. Marriage is great, having kids is great, and life is great. Goodnight!
3 comments:
what a sweet post. the dinner sounds delicious. you are fantastic.
we hiked with my parents while we were in town and it was such good quality time together. i'm glad you got to spend that time with your dad. :)
Remember those delicious pizzas we made on our snow trip weekend? That was such a fun weekend! As great as those times were, being married and having babies is even better! Little Mina is getting so big and cuter every new picture I see.
That sounds yummy! You can come cook for me anytime!
Post a Comment