Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Really Good Book

I always have enjoyed reading a good book, and often when I am reading a great novel, it is all I can do to be able to put it down until I am finished.  I do really love to read and get immersed in a story.

I have often felt a little bit guilty that I had never really read the Book of Mormon like that, really soaking it in, and reading it as a story, and not just bit by bit.  Well- no more.  I just finished reading it like a novel.  It took two weeks- reading about 40 pages a day- and can I just say Wow.  It was so worth it.  It really helped me understand the time line, the over all message and everything so much better.  I loved it!  I am truly grateful for that book, for the message that it teaches.  The two biggest things that I really gleaned from it were Pride and Charity.  Pride is a really big deal, we all have it in one form or another and it is fascinating to see the effects of it when it is not kept in check.  Charity- or service is also a really big one.  I was really impressed with how much a willingness to impart of your substance to others is mentioned.  I have always known it was a big deal- but to really see it written out so frequently has increased my testimony in service immensely.  I feel like I just need to be out there all the time giving.

So another item checked off my list, and a truly great experience over all.  For any of you who have never read the Book of Mormon like that, I highly recommend it!

#5- Completed - Read the Book of Mormon like I would a novel ( in 2 weeks or less)

1 comment:

Dave and Lizzie said...

Ok, you have officially motivated me. I really want to read The Book of Mormon like that. Sounds neat. This goal thing you're doing is super cool.