Saturday, December 4, 2010

Oh Happy Day!


We had a really great day today.  Actually it started last night- at our ward Christmas party.  We met our next door neighbors (I know, it's pretty pathetic we hadn't met them before).  They are really nice, and It was really fun to meet some new people.  Then we got home, and Mina asked for me to put down the rowing machine- then she climbed on and started rowing- with no help from us.  It was awesome.  I think Opa's fitness training sessions with Mina have been paying off- hehe.
Then our lovely friends the Knudsens came over, and we watched MST3K Pod People- highly entertaining stuff, and made some chex mix- highly tasty stuff.  We went to bed at 1:45 (eek) but luckily got to sleep in until 8:30, when we got out of bed, got all ready and went to play in the snow at Oma and Opa's house.

I love that face.
Mina got to help with her very first snowman!  She decorated the front of his body with pine cones- it was really cute.  And just as a side note- I had gloves for her- she just wouldn't keep them on.  It was a lot of fun!
Then we had a fantastic lunch at Benvenuti deli (I highly recommend it) and Mina had a brief, but very enjoyable little ride on some stupid truck outside of the deli.

We went home for Mina to take a nap, and Ryan and I got to just hang out for a couple of hours- which is always very nice.  As soon as Mina woke up we hurried and ate dinner, then went to the Trax station to go downtown.  Mina loved the Trax train, and the lights.
This is Mina's "smiling for the camera" face :)
And her real smiling face :)
For a cell phone pic at night, I thought this turned out pretty decent.
All in all just a really fun day.  I'm going to sleep quite content tonight.

2 comments:

Knudsen Family said...

Too, fun. The rowing video was great. What a cutie. Thanks for the fun night! We always love hanging out with you guys :).

The Starks Family said...

Ha ha Pod People! That brings back memories. There's more fog in this movie than The Fog! Hazaah!