#63- Visit each of my Grandparents once a month for four months in a row.
I feel a little guilty that this even needed to be a goal, but let's face it, you get busy. The best time to visit Grandparents is Sunday nights, and it is hard sometimes, and also sometimes I just forget. The first step was to put a recurring reminder in my phone to visit grandparents every Sunday. Then I just had to make sure to do it at least once a month. Sunday was the fourth month in a row. I have wonderful Grandparents. 2 of them have passed on, one from each side, and the two that are still with us deserve a lot of praise.
My Grandmother is a saint, simply put. She has helped more people and animals then any other person I know. She is sweet and kind and I love her. She is also not doing very well right now, and may not live much longer, which only makes me more glad that I have taken some time to visit with her the past few months.
My Grandfather is also a very good man, he has made many sacrifices in his life for those he loves, and I am grateful to him for many of the things that I have. He is quiet, shy, and even a little reclusive, but I know he must be lonely without his sweet wife with him. I admit it is difficult trying to converse with him sometimes, but I do think he appreciates a little company, and it is nice for me to see him, and try to get to know him a little better. I'm glad I did it. Now I hope that I can keep it up, goal or not!
#100- Re-read the Lord of the Rings series.
Just finished the last book this afternoon. Tolkien really was a genius. Admittedly, I am a bit of a geek, but you don't have to appreciate Fantasy literature to understand the magnitude of his writings. He created an entire world with languages and culture that make sense. The books are beautiful. I'll take the books over the movies any day. (Elijah Wood makes a rather pathetic and wussy Frodo if you as me) The story is inspiring in many ways, and this little boy of mine just might have a middle name inspired by one of my favorite characters from the books. You'll just have to see :)
So there you have it- 2 more down, and many more to go. It feels good to be accomplishing things!



No comments:
Post a Comment