Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A New Nephew is Coming!!!!

I'm so excited! My sister Melina was induced into labor this morning and is slowly but surely progressing. Hopefully by dinner time tonight there will be a beautiful new baby boy in thier family. Can I say how much I love babies?? (not to mention really baby hungry myself). I had a dream last night that my sister had a girl instead of a boy and they were really surprised. (they were also going to name the boy Black in my dream -wierd) I don't have any pictures but I am hoping to get some of the new baby and post them as soon as I can. The saddest part of the day is that I have a cold so I don't get to go visit them (I might cry) because I don't want to get him sick.
For a quick update on Ryan and I, everything is going well. Ryan is working hard at school and I am really proud of him. He works his butt off on his homework and has been pulling out some great grades. I will admittedly be very grateful when it is all over. I'm really needy and I hate how much homework he has to do, but I have been trying to be very patient and supportive :). He is also doing well at work and continually proving to his boss that he is worth a lot more money than they are paying him(thought it hasn't actually changed his pay) ;). I, on the other hand, and getting pretty sick of my job right now, but I'll pull through. Maybe I just need a vacation and then I'll be able to see it positively again. As I mentioned above I am feeling very baby-hungry, so a recent hobby has been reading all about pregnancy and parenting stuff. Who knows when the time will come- but I am waiting as patiently as I can.
I just finished reading the first book in the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer, and am eager to go buy the next one so I can start reading it as well. I always forget how much I love reading, but once I finally start a book I can hardly put it down, so long as it is a good book. I loved the Harry Potter series and it looks like the Twilight Series will be the next group of book to read (maybe a couple of times).

3 comments:

jularun7 said...

YAAAAAYY for melina - that is awesome karen. keep us posted. good luck with work and babies and school and all of that good stuff.

Stacey said...

Welcome to the Twilight world. I read them all when Jules was first born and every time I see someone reading them I just want to be where they are with it all still a mystery. I just need to read them over because I miss them. Brett says that we need to hang out with you guys more often because you guys are really cool so we really should plan something... and soon.

The Critchfields said...

Stacey- we should definately hang out- when would you want to? Saturdays or Friday Nights are probably best for us.