Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Renesme!?! ...and other thoughts on baby names

So when I started reading this book I really didn't have a whole lot of time, but I managed to get through it in about a week. The whole week drove me crazy!! I would be sitting at work just thinking about the book- and I didn't really even know why because it wasn't that suspenseful compared to the other books, but apparently I was hooked. I'm not going to put any spoilers in here, but can I just say that Renesme is one of the absolute worst names ever! I was telling Ryan about the book, because he wants to know what happens without actually having to read it, and I hated even saying the name- it is awful.
So then the thought of the terrible name Renesme brings me to the subject of naming my little baby. Naming a baby is quite the undertaking, and of course everybody has an opinion on every name so it is often safer not to tell a soul, which is actually what my mother-in-law has requested. She doesn't want us to tell her what we are thinking so she can't decide she hates it. That way when we declare the name, it is set and she can't complain. It's funny, because Ryan and I were totally decided on a boy name, if the baby was a boy, but we were still in debate about the girl names, so of course we are having a girl. But the debate is over. We know what we are naming our little girl, but I'm going to be evil and not tell you. I will however give you a hint: vampires. For those of you whose vampire knowledge goes beyond the twilight series you might be able to give it a good guess. I find it only appropriate that Ryan and I would name our daughter after a fictitional character from a horror story- being that I too have my dark side. So I am curious to see what happens- let the guessing begin. Oh, and Jaime you are disqualified from the game because I already told you :)

14 comments:

jularun7 said...

buffy!!? :) hope you are doing well karen. so exciting you are having a baby!! aren't you due right when heather (vince's wife) is due? so fun.

The Critchfields said...

Hehehe- nope, not buffy :) I don't know when Heather is due- but I know that I am at least a few weeks ahead of her - my due date is January 1st.

Elyse said...

naming a baby is tough! It took us forever before we decided on a name for our little one :) congrats! you're looking great!

The Critchfields said...

Yeah Elyse- I didn't know you had a blog :) Your baby is adorable by the way!

kristina said...

still thinking....you should just tell me what it is. i'm not very vampire savvy.

Briann said...

Hey! i thought that name was awful too! You should just tell me the name too

The Critchfields said...

Come on people - I expect a little more creativity! :) I'll give you a HUGE hint- it is a classic vampire story- not a modern one.

jularun7 said...

ha! i got it. sava.

The Critchfields said...

Nice guess Julia- but not it - that is kind of a cool name though! Kudos for effort :)

jularun7 said...

thanks!! i'm dying to know now ............

The Starks Family said...

I know! I know! It starts with a J and ends with aime right?! I'm so proud you would name your baby after me!

_Jeri_ said...

I agree Renesme,,,that was just weird to me. After I read it I was like.."Renesme? what the flick is that?" I can imagine how hard it is to name a baby though. I mean I would want something different but not something like...shamalamaboobah...

Aubrey Lynn :) said...

renesme is a cool name if u think about it.

Amy said...

I actually love the name Renesmee.. at first i was like EW but now.. i love it :D