Monday, December 8, 2008

Our Very First Christmas Tree!

For the past 3 years Ryan and I have not really had a Christmas tree, we have used a cute little Christmas Tree shaped topiary that I made. It is probably only 1 1/2 feet tall. It has worked, because we have been in little apartments and not really had the option of a full size tree. This year we realized that we actually have room! We didn't really want to go out and buy a tree, but luckily Ryan's parents had an extra one in thier basement, so tonight as my activity while Ryan was at class, I decorated it. It is really fun to have a tree, and helps put me in the Christmas spirit, I just need a star or an angel to put on the top!

Yesterday I was in the mood to cook, so here are a couple of pictures of things I made (despite my total lack of energy). The first is a Peach Mousse with Raspberries, and the second is a Garlic--Herb Challah- which I must say was pretty tasty. I love cooking!

9 comments:

jularun7 said...

so cozy and fantastic. you ARE an amazing cook.

Stacey said...

Love the tree. We've had a tree for the past 3 Christmas' but still don't have a star or an angel. The food looks amazing. I just want to dip right into that mousse. I'm glad you are keeping your skills up.

kristina said...

I miss your cooking... :)

Briann said...

Hey Karen! How are things going? YOu look great, hang it there, she is almost here! AND not much longer and you get to QUIT work!!

The Critchfields said...

Only 9 days of work left!!!

Knudsen Family said...

Fun tree! Yes, Karen, you are an incredible cook! No doubt it was tasty :).

The Critchfields said...

Thanks Trina!

Elyse said...

AH just heard the news you had your baby! CONGRATULATIONS! :D
Can't wait to see pictures of her :)

Briann said...

Congrats on little Mina! I'm so excited for you guys! YOur going to be a great Mom! Remember to tell me when her blessing is!