Monday, June 7, 2010

It's not always nice to be abnormal

Today I went in to get an epidural steroid injection in my spine for my bulging disc to deal with the pinched nerve.  They place the needle using x-rays and when the doctor first went in he said "Huh?", and then got up and told me he needed to look at my MRI again.  Then he came back and told me that apparently I have an extra vertebrae- an L6- problem it, it isn't normal and is causing my early disc degeneration.  Interesting.  Maybe that is why my physical therapy isn't doing diddly-squat!  :)  Most of the time I wouldn't want to be called normal- but in this situation it would probably be best!

2 comments:

Angie said...

So without your sneaky extra vertebrae, I am once and for all taller than you. :-) Sorry you're having trouble. I can't wait to see you guys next week!

Karen said...

Dang- you win! I am so excited to see you too- I was just looking at my calendar and realizing that you are coming soon!!! Yay!