Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Unpleasantries, Needs, Soul Food, Dialysis, and De-deadified

Sunday night didn't turn out to be very pleasant. Long story short- Mina and I were very ill - I don't know if it was food poisoning or a bug, but it wasn't fun. Luckily Mina's worst symptoms were over by morning, but I was sick most of Monday. Ryan was scheduled to take Tuesday off for my b-day but he decided to stay home on Monday since I was a wreck, and Mina needed help and I just couldn't do it.
Tuesday morning I decided that it wasn't really my birthday, since I still didn't feel very well. I decided I was going to defer it for a day. Luckily, despite him taking Monday off, he was also able to take off Wednesday (today) and we got to have a very fun day.
While driving to the store to grab a few things Ryan made a simple declaration - he needs four things in life:
-Sleep
-Karen :)
-Food
-Geek (meaning geeky things)
hehe

We headed up to Lambs Canyon and while hiking around a little up there I stated that being in the mountains is like soul food for me. It was so gorgeous! There were so many shades of green, wildflowers everywhere, butterflies all around, and a beautiful mountain stream trickling down the hills.

A little taste of Soul Food

We then decided to drive up East Canyon and here was the view from the top.

We drove most of the way with the windows down, the fresh air and the smell was incredible! My next cheesy comment was that it felt very cleansing- like Dialysis for the soul.
Then it was dinner at Taste of Thai - so tasty! On the way to pick up Mina from my parents we somehow started talking about zombies, and we determined that instead of "undead" they should be called "de-deadified"
There you have it...
And just because she's too cute, here is a fun pic of Mina:

Yes, that is a toy grocery cart, and yes she is sitting in it. She climbs in there all the time.

2 comments:

Melina said...

K, fun post. Glad you had a fun 'birthday' with Ryan. Also, the first pic especially is beautiful! Love ya

Angie said...

I'm sorry you guys got sick. I must've kept you up too late on Friday night. I'm glad you could have your fun birthday outing today.