Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What a Delicious Day (#83 Make Larb Moo)

Larb Moo at your favorite Thai restaurant - $11.99
FBI for dessert - $6.99
Learning to make it yourself at home - Priceless!

Larb Moo directly translated is Salad Pork - or a pork salad.  Yes, moo in thai means pork, hehe.  Ryan and I have been going to a Thai restaurant for a while now just to order Larb Moo and the FBI (fried bananas and coconut ice cream.  Two problems have arisen however.  First, they lost thier supplier for coconut ice cream, and with vanilla it just isn't worth it.  Second, they have a few different chefs, some make the Larb Moo perfect, others not so much.  The only thing to be done was to figure it out for myself.  #83 on my list is to make Larb moo.

First it was a quick trip to a local asian market.  Always a delight for me.  Here are a few of the ingredients:
Ground toasted rice, mint, shallots, cilantro, green onions, lemongrass, keffir lime leaves and a lime.  It also has thai chili powder, dried galanga, ground pork, fish sauce and soy sauce.
Once all the ingredients were prepped it was really a very easy meal to make, and Mina was my happy little helper.

Here she is chewing on the remainder of the Lemongrass stalk :)
The finished product (I am not a food photographer, but take my word for it, it was delicious!)
And though I had originally discovered the beauty of homemade FBI's on saturday, I made some more last night just to complete our Thai meal.
Technically it was a lemongrass coconut ice cream (and oh so creamy and delicious).  The bananas are just perfect, and the drizzled honey over the top makes it heavenly.  I can't get enough of this stuff :)  Now that I am drooling for more, I'm going to go eat the leftovers for lunch!

No comments: