Friday, May 6, 2011

Random updates, two goals, and If you have it, flaunt it!

It has been too long since I have posted anything, so here is an update of what we have been up to.
 
 Mina is a goof-ball, as you can clearly see above (yes, those are her pants on her head).  She is getting bigger and more grown-up everyday.  It is crazy really.  I think every time I look at her she is a little taller!
She is also getting to be even more beautiful every day.  Ryan and I agree that we have the prettiest daughter in the world.  (we're not biased or anything).
I can tell that she is starting to think she is too old for naps.  She resists them on occasion, and then this is what happens later in the day.  A week ago she resisted a nap, then fell asleep in the car on the way to meet Ryan's parents for dinner and stayed asleep in my arms in the restaurant for nearly 40 minutes.  She has never done that before, generally she is a pretty light sleeper, so I think she was very tired, and only tells me that whatever she may think, she isn't really ready to give up on naps.  She sure is adorable when she is sleeping.
#94- I made a Pecan Pie, and might I say it was the tastiest Pecan Pie I've ever had (I've not had that many).  I have to give credit to the recipe, not myself.  It was brown sugar and maple syrup instead of Karo syrup for the base, which was incredible :)  I highly recommend it. Ryan and I have been enjoying it all week. Yum!
#39- Teach Mina to sing Twinkle Twinkle - I can't get her to perform for the camera, but I know she can do it.  She was skipping one of the twinkles for a long time, but now she says both, so I think I can check it off my list.
Mina and I have been enjoying the nicer weather and going outside for little walks.  She loves the dandelions, and the rocks, pine cones, sticks, flowers, grass..anything that she can pick up.  I often end up with a handful of things that she no longer can carry.  It is a fun stage, I remember wanting to pick everything up and take it home.  It made me smile looking at the dandelions in a little plastic cup on our kitchen table.  Kids help you appreciate the little things more.
Discovering some flowers that fell off a tree.  She was pretty excited about them.
And so was I, they were really gorgeous (notice the dandelions that she asked me to hold).
And last, but not least, a pregnancy update.  I have a huge belly- and I figure, if you have it, flaunt it, right!?!?  In all seriousness, I am frightened by the size of my belly.  Ryan just took this picture yesterday, so it is true to size, though I might be smaller in the morning then at night ;)   Remember that I am only 24 weeks, so there are still 16 weeks of growth to go.  Hmmm, I am seriously considering one of those belly braces to help hold this monstrosity up.  I love this baby though, and I am so grateful that things so far have gone well.  All his little kicks and wiggles make me smile, and I'm tearing up a little writing this.  Being pregnant is awesome, awe inspiring, and absolutely amazing!

1 comment:

Briann said...

you look gorgeous! I can't believe how big Mina is getting, we need to do another play date soon!