Sunday, August 28, 2011

Home again, home again, jiggity jig...

The main computer still isn't hooked up, and I really dislike working on a lap-top.  However, this little boy is already growing up and I wanted to get some pictures posted of the past week.
The second at the hospital little Jonathan discovered his voice, he had been so quite up until then, never crying out more then once.  It was almost as though he was afraid of his own voice, but that night he realized it worked to get what he wanted, so there wasn't much sleep to be had, but it was kind of fun to see him figure things out.  I started calling him Little Piggy because he is a snorter.  He snorts all the time, it is really cute!  As we were getting ready to go home I just kept thinking of the nursery rhyme "To town to town to buy a fat pig, home again home again, jiggity jig."  He may not be a fat pig, but he is my little pig.
Here he is all ready to go home.  
I was expecting such a big baby that I did not buy newborn sizes for his take-home outfit.  It was huge, oh well.  We left the hospital in the early afternoon, and ended up spending a few hours at Ryans parents house.  We got home mid evening and it was time to figure out how to be a mother of two!
   Sunday really went pretty well, Mina was a little whiny but all in all we did o.k.  My parents brought dinner, and the day was over pretty fast.  Monday I had to take Jonathan in to have his billirubin levels checked, which turned into a rather pathetic fiasco.  I took him to a pediatrician in Park City that had been recommended to me, it was a half hour drive, and a walk up two flights of stairs to a rather dismal looking office only to find out that they were out of the little tubes to collect blood for the test, so I had to drive all the way back to Heber Hospital to have it done. I'm not going back to that pediatrician. The good news was that my dear friend Angie was on her way up to stay with us.  She flew in from Texas to help us, and it was so nice to have her here.  I cried yesterday when she left.
Here is Jonathan during his very first tummy time- check out that head lifting!  What I did not get a picture of was him rolling over onto his back.  Crazy!  He did it 4 different times during the week, but hasn't done it in a few days, so maybe it was just a fluke?  I don't know.  But he really is a strong boy.
Check this out, he is lifting his entire pelvis and part of his tummy off the ground with his toes!
Mina loved having Angie here.  I had been lifting Jonathan up and down to calm him and Mina thought that was pretty cool so she asked Angie to do it to her.  It was really cute!  Angie was a life saver.  She helped clean, she let me take naps, she kept Mina entertained, and she provided some much needed friendship.  I wish she could have stayed forever!
Angie french braided Mina's hair!  She was so proud of her pretty hair.  I am tragically under skilled in doing hair.
Jonathan likes having his hair washed.  This is the same face he had at the hospital for his first bath, just nice and relaxed.  So cute!
 There is nothing quite like snuggling with a little baby.  It is so nice.  Is there anything cuter?
I am always in awe at how peacefully he can sleep.

This morning was a little bit of a drama with Jonathan throwing up and me taking him to the hospital.  He checked out o.k. and we were sent home and told to keep an eye on him and if it keeps up to get him looked at again.  So far so good, but keep your fingers crossed for us,  it was really scary there for a bit because he was choking on it and freaking out.  Mommy does not like stuff like that :(

This next week has me very nervous.  Ryan is back to work full time and all my help it gone.  Mina is doing pretty well with things so far, but I know she misses Angie.  Wish me luck!




1 comment:

jularun7 said...

I am so happy for you Karen. Jonathan is absolutely gorgeous! And of course we love the name. :) I am sure you will adjust beautifully to being a momma of two - we're thinking of you!