Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Isaiah, Christmas, a Birthday and good enough

We have had a great Holiday season, and I can't believe that it is already over.  I also didn't take enough pictures :(  I have been able to complete a couple of goals, and my sweet little Mina turned 3 years old.  Crazy!

First: I completed goal #14- Read all of Isaiah in one week.  Note that the goal is to read all of Isaiah, not understand all of Isaiah.  I have to say though, that when you read it straight through like that, it doesn't seem nearly as hard to understand as if you take it a little at a time.  It flows like poetry, and I love poetry, so I really enjoyed reading it.  It was nice to read it especially at Christmas time, since pretty much all of Isaiah is about Christ.  I think my new absolute favorite scripture is from Isaiah now...

 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 


It makes me a little teary eyed-  what I really want to do is get a very nice  print out of this, framed, for Christmas time.  It's beautiful!   

Christmas came and went, and it was really nice.  Jonny had his first Christmas, and he happily laid on the floor and watched us open presents. 
Mina took it upon herself to help Jonny open his.  I have never seen anyone open gifts the way she did.  Paper was flying in every direction- she is a wild animal!   Ryan has all of the Christmas pics of her on his new phone (his phone camera is better then our normal camera) so I will have to post those later.  She loved it though, this was the first year I think she really understood what was going on, and she had a blast.  She got princess dresses, games, music and all sorts of fun things.  When we were done opening she got a little sad, and we asked why, she answered "because Christmas is over".  So cute!
But then after Christmas comes New Years Eve- which is Mina's birthday!  I made her a princess cake because she loves princesses right now.
 We had a party for her at my parents house with her cousins, and she had a great time.  I think that was her best birthday yet.  
 She got a tunnel from Grandma and a tent from Mommy and Daddy- lucky girl!

Then there is Goal #28- Be all caught up on scrap booking Mina’s pictures by her 3rd birthday. Which is why I put "Good Enough" in the title of this post.  I started getting a cold on Christmas Eve, and I made it through Christmas day pretty well, but the next day I crashed- and it took a few days to recover, which means I laid on the couch at every opportunity.  I didn't finish the scrapbooking, but I finished yesterday, and I think 3 days out is close enough!  I did it up through November, since I couldn't exactly have the pictures from Christmas yet.  I scrapbooked all of  her pictures from April of 2010 though November of 2011 in a little over a month- so I think I kicked butt really.  They are my goals after all, I get to decide what counts! hehe

My goal of reading all of the Harry Potter books again is coming along, I finished the second one a couple of days ago, and the third one is in the mail as I write this.  I am also working on doing pull ups- I did 3 this morning.  I think 10 is still quite a ways out. 

I did a little home decorating recently.  Since we moved I have only hung 2 things on the walls- I've been so scared to.  It feels too permanent.  However, I finally got up the guts to hang up these:
 I took pretty papers from my sisters Scrapbooking store, and put them all in matching frames.  I think I like it.  Putting holes in the walls was very nerve-wracking!  Also notice the adorable baby photo of Jonathan that our friends gave us for Christmas!  (I can't decide where to hang that one yet).

Finally I have a request.  The only person I know that actually reads this blog is my mom.  And, no offense mom, but if she is the only one reading it, I don't know if I will keep this up.  If you actually read this, let me know by commenting or sending me an email.   Call me needy, I already know it :)
 

9 comments:

Anna said...

I read it! Good job on the cake! I had one like that for my 8th birthday, but it was made by my mom's professional cake decorating friend, so way to go doing it all by yourself!

Also, have you heard of Command Picture Hanging Strips? I've never used them, but supposedly they hang photos without having to put holes in the wall, and are completely removable without wall damage. So says the package. Could be worth looking into since you have hole-in-the-wall phobia!

The Starks Family said...

I do! We're so busy that we don't have much time to catch up so I like reading about you. Some day I'll update mine, I'm almost 2 years behind! Whoops!

You're making good progress on your 101 in 1001. You should post the list again with the things you've done checked off. I'd like to do one of my own, but I'm sure I'd fail miserably. Maybe once I'm done working. Scott graduates in 9 months!!!

Clark said...

Trina and I read your blog. Way cute pics of Mina!

It was too bad that we didn't get to see the Princess cake before it toppled.

Melina said...

Hey K, I read your blog! It's fun to hear about your goals you're passing off and see cute pics of the kids. Anyway, love ya!

jularun7 said...

regular over here. :)

Briann said...

i love reading your blog, it's so fun!

Jamie Zvirzdin said...

You never know who may be reading your blog...Andrew went to a conference in Germany and discovered that someone in the middle of Africa follows my blog. I would never have known, and I still don't know who it is. You just never know. Keep up the good work and the good goals, Karen! Sorry I wasn't able to see you on our visit! The 26th was just a bad day for everyone, I guess.

Kristin and Brandon Park said...

I read your blog Karen. So fun to see you as a cute Mommy! :) Can't wait to reconnect this summer once I move back to Utah.

Stacey said...

I admit that I don't ready often but I do like to look at it when I get a chance. Just think of 2 Johnny's and I think you will understand. I can't believe he's sitting down now. My babies turned 6 weeks today and they aren't even close to sitting down. Oh well. Maybe I should start on the feeding thing too. I feel your need for a break from being mommy too.