Monday, January 23, 2012

Lots of updates.

Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post- it is nice to know I have a few readers out there.  Thanks for giving in to my insecurity :)
After my last post I realized that I am a little behind on my list of goals, theoretically I should be doing one every 10 days, but with the amount that I have left, it is more like one every 8 days, so in the past couple weeks I have tried to get several done.
This little princess is officially potty trained! 
She has been wearing underwear for nearly two weeks now with no accidents, and I am singing hallelujah about it.  #23- Potty train Mina is now checked off the list.
And # 26- Make Mina a sweater dress.  This was an idea I got off of some random blog while I was writing my list of 101 goals.  It was to take an old sweater and remake it into a toddler sweater dress.  I thought it would be fun.  I got a sweater from my mom (she wanted to get rid of some) and made this.  There is just one problem.
It turned out way too big.  I am not a seamstress, and despite my best efforts ( this was actually attempt #2) it really didn't turn out very well.  Oh well, I did it, and maybe it will fit her better next fall?

I like to play video games.  I don't get a whole lot of opportunity, having two kids and all, but it is fun sometimes.  Left 4 Dead is a great game, but pretty challenging.  You tend to get killed pretty easily if you aren't careful.  I pride myself in knowing that I beat the last level, even after Ryan told me it was impossible to do it alone :)


 Then # 91- Make Mussaman Curry. (thanks to Trina for the awesome pic) It was good.  I did it from scratch- keffir lime leaves, lemongrass, galangal, ginger, garlic, chilies- all those wonderful Thai flavors that make me so happy.  It turned out pretty darn good, when I do it again, I will add more of the curry paste that I made- 
more flavor=better!
I also made Apple Butter.  Goal #93.  I have always been curious about this stuff, so I gave it a try.  I did a crock-pot version because who has time to stir a pot for 5 hours?  5 lbs of apples peeled and shredded, with sugar and spices into a crock pot for 12 hours- stirring occasionally (with the lid slightly ajar). It turned out really good, pretty much like apple jam, it is quite tasty on toast. 
5 more down, and 64 to go- I need to get hauling!  I am working on some of the longer term ones- reading Harry Potter (I'm onto the 4th book tomorrow) and pull-ups.  
In other news...
 
Jonny is adorable, as always.  He is rolling all around now, and playing with toys.  His favorite thing right now I think is peekaboo, it always makes him happy.  He is full of smiles, and just loves having attention.  He also adores being tossed in the air by his daddy.
I love his chunky legs!
We were at the grocery store the other day and Mina spied some purple kale.  She liked that it was purple and wanted me to buy it and bring it home.  I figured why not?  So we brought it home, I washed it, and we just started munching.  She loved it!  I love that my girl loves her vegetables. Oh, and by the way, baked kale with sesame oil and salt is AMAZING!
Jonny is eating rice cereal now.  He was showing interest in food, so I gave it a try.  This was the first time, and it isn't a great picture, but he is really getting into it now.  I am exciting to try something new in a few days!
Mina could be a super-model.
And she loves to run.
The end.

No comments: