Mina
The girl's name Mina \m(i)-na\ is pronounced MEE-nah.
In German its meaning is "love"
In Dutch its meaning is "Protector, Strong-Willed Warrior, Will, Desire"
In Arabic its meaning is "Sea port, love, precious stone or daisy flower"
In Persian its meaning is "Blue glass, gem"
In Japanese its meaning is "South"
In Hebrew its meaning is "Child of the red earth garden"
In Latin its meaning is "Song"
In "Geek" its meaning is "a Multipurpose Infrastructure for Network Applications- a Java framework for creating high-performance networking applications"
In Ainu its meaning is "To laugh, smile"
In Turkey its meaning is "Sky"
In Nepalese its meaning is "Precious"
In Hindu its meaning is "Precious stone"
(bet you can' t guess which one Ryan likes the best!)
6 comments:
It's probably not "....a Multipurpose Infrastructure for Network Applications- a Java framework for creating high-performance " ;). Cool name. BTW, I have to work on Saturday (change of shift) so I will miss your baby shower :(.
How can one name have so many meanings? How did you find them all? -- I like the "geek" one :)
p.s. I won't be able to make it to your shower either (sorry) but thanks for the invite! Have fun!
Good choice for a name. Most of the meanings are really great. My family is actually celebrating Thanksgiving on Saturday so I won't be able to make it to the shower either. I feel really bad, just know that it isn't because of the BYU UofU game.
love it. hope you had a fun time at your shower this week!
I basically just searched the name on all of the Baby Name websites, and also just in general on the internet- I got a lot of them off of Wikipedia. Sorry I will miss all of you at the shower.
Julia- the family shower was great- and your mom gave me a big hug for you :) Are you coming into town at all for the holidays?
That is a beautiful name! YAY!
Post a Comment