Sunday, November 9, 2008

All Hallows Eve- and the day after...

I have always had an affinity for Halloween. I think it is a really fun holiday. As a kid I loved trick-or-treating and not just for the candy, it was the experience. Then came the years when I couldn't trick-or-treat and so I chose to just trick, by dressing up as the Grim Reeper and swinging out my parents front door on a harness. **Sigh* those were the days, I loved every scream, and got quite a kick out of every pre-teen girl that nearly pee'd her pants on my parents porch. It was great! Now as I am getting even older, and the fact that I am very pregnant has prevented me from hopping into any harnesses lately, Halloween was a little difficult for me this year. I had a hard time getting into the spirit of things. It also didn't help that my husband has been so busy with work and school that we barely have any time together, and who wants to celebrate alone? But somehow I mustered up the energy and Halloween Spirit to throw another Halloween party. I think it was a success, and it definitely helped me enjoy the holiday. It wore me out, but it was a lot of fun- so here are the pics of Halloween and our Halloween party (which happened to be the day after Halloween)....
Yes, my costume is supposed to be "punny"- get it- I'm pregnant- "Mummy"- I thought it was funny and boy did it take a lot of work to make that thing.
Ryan was a Mad Scientist- he looks pretty good I must say.
Striking a pose.
My sister and her husband came - I thought thier costume was pretty clever. He actually had fresh cookies in the "oven"
My old co-worker Briann, her husband Shaun and thier new little one Leah.
Just a scene from the party.
Stacey, Brett and Jules
Ryan's poor sister didn't even see it coming - I never knew my father in law could make such a good vampire!

So I don't know how we managed to not get pictures of everybody, and a huge THANK-YOU goes out to Megan and Jeff Muhn who came early to help us set up- I couldn't have made it without you guys- thanks again! We had an amazing photographer there (Trina!) and she took a lot more pictures, so once she gets them posted on her blog- I might go steal a few and put them here.

No comments: