Monday, February 23, 2009

A little intense, don't you think?

***For those of you who may be a little anti-gun please read no further***
My silly husband entered a local shooting contest a little over a month ago, he owns a 1911 pistol and hadn't been shooting in a while, so it sounded like fun. Long story short, he won his division and this is what he won...

An AR-15 assault rifle. I figured it was only appropriate for me to put on my "comi-cap" for the picture. This is now Ryan's favorite toy- although we don't even have any ammunition for it yet. Doesn't it look incredibly intense? I admit I am a little frightened of it- but Ryan is giving me lessons in operation. The safest gun owner is a well trained one :)

5 comments:

T said...

Yikes! Remind me to stay on Ryan's good side... :) The gun is awesome, and congrats on winning the contest!

Stacey said...

Freaky. It's funny seeing you hold it too. I still remember the first time meeting you and thinking you were some ballerina type girl and you just laughed in my face.

Elyse said...

oh wow... that thing is freaking huge!

The Critchfields said...

Yeah, I'm not exactly the ballerina type...but I'm not necessarily the big gun type either :)

Briann said...

that is too funny you go GI Karen!