Friday, October 28, 2011

4 down...

I got 4 goals done in the past week- and we did some fun stuff.
First #4- Go a whole week without having an argument with Ryan.
Don't take this wrong, Ryan and I don't have big fights all that often, but I tend to argue a good amount.  I have some strong opinions, and I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut some times, so this goal was a self improvement thing really.  I made a mental note all week (without telling Ryan) to not argue.  I made it a whole week, and I was proud of myself.  When I told Ryan at the end of the week, he agreed that it had been a good week and smiled and said he should make a goal to do the same thing.  Woo hoo for me :)


We hosted our annual Halloween Party last Saturday, and I killed two birds with one stone...
75- Learn how to make a Treacle Tart (a la Harry Potter style)
76- Have a Harry Potter Themed Party- costumes, food and the movies


It was a loosely Harry Potter themed party, but it counts, the invites were Harry Potter inspired, and so was the food.  We also played Deatheater Mafia with some fun HP twists- and had a good time.  I think little Jon had the best costume!
 Yes, he is a dementor.  We didn't take any pictures of us, because my good friend Trina did- and I don't have those pics yet.  I will post them when I have them.  


Then last, but not least- we carved pumpkins!
86- Carve a pumpkin
It was a blast, and it had been too long since I've done it.
 Mina was very apprehensive at first about getting all messy cleaning out her pumpkin. (also notice that she is wearing underwear in this pic- no diaper!  That was her reward for peeing in the potty twice that day, and she is getting better all the time.  She is wearing pullups most of the time now!)
But she did warm up to the idea and was digging into all of them by the time we were done.
 I think our pumpkins turned out pretty fun.  Mine is on the left, Mina in the middle, and Ryan's is on the right.
So 4 goals down and many more to go, but I'm having fun doing it.
A couple of other random pics.
 It has been pretty cold here lately, and Mina begged to go jump on the tramp.  So she was wearing her pj's , we put her coat on and she jumped.  I thought the pic was fun.
Jonathan had his 2 month check up yesterday.  He is in the 9th percentile for height (22inches) and the 45th for weight (11 lbs 14 oz)  Short and chunky little guy.  Poor fellow also had to get some immunizations and he was not happy- I took his picture after he had been crying and you can see how red he is around the eyes- it was so sad :(  Luckily a little tylenol made a big difference and he is back to his angelic self. I love this boy!
 

No comments: