Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Spoiled Rotten- and other news

So this is one of those times in your life when you just have to take a step back and realize that there is somebody up there looking out for you - or rather He is making sure that there are people on earth looking out for you. And I know that I am spoiled, and hopefully that makes it better, rather then being spoiled and not recognizing the blessing. If you are wondering what I am talking about- here is the story- My in-laws just bought me a car!!!! Yes a car- and not a toy car, the real kind that you drive around in. How do you respond to that? Obviously I am so thankful, and I really appreciate it, but how do you really show gratitude for such a nice gift. I don't know - if you know, please tell me because I am currently at a loss (and in a little shock about the whole thing).
I've been driving my old little Geo Metro for quite a while - 7 years to be exact, and it is in many ways a death-trap on wheels, but that is what I had and so I used it. It has been dying for a while, and the inevitable was coming soon. I had originally planned to take up the use of public transportation once it finally gave up the ghost. However; last week Ryan's parents invited us over and we went to dinner. When we finished eating they announced that they were taking us car shopping. I hope I didn't offend them when I just sat there looking a little dumfounded.
So to make a long story short, they bought us a brand new Nissan Sentra. I have posted pictures. Enjoy!


4 comments:

jularun7 said...

you are spoiled rotten! :) what a fabulous thing for them to do. just be the grateful daughter-in-law that you are and love your ryan. that's all they could ask for!

The Wilsons said...

Wow, that's all I can say. My in-laws just get mad at us for being so blessed. They weren't this blessed when they were newly weds so they don't think anyone should be. They do help out a lot though. That's so great of them. I just remember when they didn't used to like you so this is a whole new side I haven't heard about.

The Critchfields said...

So I just deleted the last comment that was on here- I don't know who posted it- it was anonymous (and I just changed my setting- so no more anonymouse comments). I don't know if you read it before I deleted it, but obviously I don't think that money is the only blessing - I know there is so much more to life than that. Whoever that was, if they knew me they wouldn't say something like that.

The Wilsons said...

Karen, I didn't read the anonymous comment but I really hope that you have stopped been posting because some dork posted something mean like they did. Please continue with the blogging, I miss seeing updates. I hope you had a graet Christmas and a great New Year.