We had a really amazing Sunday School lesson a few weeks ago. I have to admit that most of the time I find Sunday School rather boring, and don't take a whole lot from it, but not this time. The lesson was heartfelt and inspiring. It was on Isaiah and about Christ. I have never appreciated Isaiah much, but I certainly do now. The teacher wrote the words "Semper Fi" on the board and explained that they mean "Always Faithful". She then explained that Christ is Always Faithful to us, and we should always strive to be faithful to Him.
Isaiah 40:11
He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
Needless to say, I was really touched by this lesson, and really felt like I wanted to do something to always remember it. So, here is what I did...
It was the first thought that came to my mind even in the class, and I have always wanted some kind of an inspiring home decor piece, and so now I do. Thanks to my sister I have access to great scrapbooking paper- so all I really had to do was print it out, cut it, and stick it in a frame...but I'm happy with it. I'm enjoying the daily reminder each time I read it as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment