Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 25: My Day In Great Detail

I've decided to write about yesterday instead of today, because today really didn't hold anything terribly interesting to write about.  (No offense mom, your dinners are always a delight.)

    Saturday morning Ryan woke up with Mina and I, which put me in a really fabulous mood.  Generally he doesn't want to wake up in the mornings, but he got up and stayed up and so I was quite happy about it.  We all ate breakfast together and then Ryan and I vegged on the couch while watching Mina play for a while.  Then Mina went down for a nap and I did a little reading about grilling in my library book and I found myself salivating.
     Around noon we ate a little bit of the leftovers from our fabulous meal at Taste of Thai the night before - but it was only meat - so when Ryan's parents called to see if we wanted to go to lunch we said yes.  We ended up going to a fun little Italian Deli called Benvenuti's and ate grilled vegetable sandwiches, which were really fabulous!   Ryan's company uses Benvenuti's for all their lunch catering so he knows them well, and when we were done with our sandwiches they gave us free slices of cheesecake.  The cheesecake was delightful!  Unfortunately, in between sandwiches and cheesecake I had taken Mina out to play just outside the deli and while running on the sidewalk she tripped and fell and scuffed up her nose :)
Poor little girl was not too happy about it, but luckily she cheered up pretty quickly when I let her play with my keys!
   Next we went Ryan's parents house and we tried to put Mina down for a second nap.  She is currently in the conversion of two to one naps, but somedays it is apparent that she could really use a second one.  She doesn't always see it that way.  Anyways, we put her down, and then Ryan and I went to his friends house to pick up stuff to go to the gun range.  Mina never slept, but Critchfield's were nice enough to watch her while we got to shoot a few rounds on Ryan's 1911.  I must say that guns still scare me really bad, I jump constantly in the range with all the guns going off, but I know it is important for me to know how to use it.  I think I did pretty good, since all of my shots at least ended up on the target.
Then we ran back to get Mina and headed home.  Since we ate two lunches we weren't terribly hungry for Dinner.  Mina was tired so we put her down, got some Quaker Oatmeal Squares in a bowl, some Blueberry Kefir in glasses and sat down to watch Avatar.
I thought it was a pretty decent movie, the special effects were no doubt amazing.  The plot was a little bit predictable, but overall a pretty good movie.  I am admittedly way too sensitive when it comes to movies, so I got pretty upset during some of it (no spoilers just in case).  I'm not going to run and buy it, but it was worth seeing.
It was then quite late, since the movie is very long, so we went to bed.  I had a hard time falling asleep since my hips were hurting (sacroiliac joint to be specific- I am going to physical therapy for it) but finally fell asleep.  So that was my day.  Detailed enough don't you think?

No comments: