How do you write about a year? In all reality, that is what I do on the blog, I write about relevant events.
One year ago Mina was still just a newborn, and we were figuring all of that out. Now she is very well ingrained in our lives. Ryan has been very busy the past year with school, and we are just tickled that he is almost done.
I dyed my hair black last June and chopped it short (something I have always wanted to do). After having that for a few months I decided I didn't really feel like me and now I am back to blond, with some red in it since that is how the black comes out.
In Otober we had a really fun Halloween party, which has become a tradition for us now. I hope we can throw one this year as well. In November we were able to go to California to visit Ryan's sister for Thanksgiving and that was a lot of fun.
Christmas was so much fun. I think that both Ryan and I agree that watching Mina with her presents was far better then anything else.
My life is taking care of Mina, I love her so much it hurts. It feels like my heart could just burst out of my chest sometimes. Yes, she drives me nuts sometimes, but it is so worth it. Worth every second.
The past few months have just been full of watching her learn and grow. New words, new teeth, new speeds. Bumps and bruises, tantrums, amazingly beautiful smiles and giggles.
This year has been about learning to be a mom. You learn to really sacrifice yourself for the good of someone else, and guess what? It is a better source of happiness than any personal activity. The trick is to actually be willing to do it. I get selfish, I get sidetracked and I start to think that I need to take care of myself, I start thinking "What about me?" and that is when I get miserable. I find joy when I forget me and think about Mina and my husband. I think that is the secret to happiness. “He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it”. It's funny how I have to learn this lesson almost every day though. And some days I don't learn it, and I go to bed feeling unfulfilled. Hopefully as time goes on I will get better at this, because I know that is what will make me happy. I am so grateful for Mina, I can't even express it. So, she really is the story of the past year, and will be the story for the next several years- along with a few other little ones hopefully.
1 comment:
i love this post, it is exactly how I have felt, only you put it into better words :)
Post a Comment