Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 7: A Picture That Makes Me Happy

This has always been my favorite picture of Christ.  I remember that there was a huge copy of this in the primary room in my church when I was little. It always made me happy, and it still does.  I use to imagine that I was that little girl whose face He was gently holding, and it made me smile.  Now my little Mina has a small print of this on her wall, and just the other day she learned to say Jesus.  She looks at the picture and points and says "Jesus" in the cutest little baby voice and I can't help but get a little teary eyed.  When I have put her in her crib the past few nights she arches her back so she can see the picture, pulls her binky out and says "Jesus" again.  I think she knows that He is important, I don't know how much she knows, but she certainly knows more than just His name.  I love this picture because I love my Savior, and I am truly happy and grateful for what He did for all of us.

3 comments:

jularun7 said...

aw man, go and make me feel guilty for not going religious in my post. :) jk. xoxo!!

Anna said...

We had a large print of this hanging in the hallway by our bedrooms growing up. I've always loved it too. There were 4 kids in my family, two boys, two girls, two blond, two brunette, just like the picture. So we pretended we were each one of the children. My sister (brown hair) got to be the lucky one with Christ holding her face. I was the girl in front looking up at Jesus. And I swear, I even had that exact haircut!

Stacey said...

I'm not commenting on all of these, but I love to see all of your favorites.